Oct 8, 2007

Hair Wars


Just had to post this ... yes, it's two years old, but I think it's adorable.

Annie's hair isn't nearly as curly as it was then, but on the plus side, it's much thicker. She asks me nearly every day when it will be A) as long as Rapunzel's hair B) long enough for a "very long" braid or C) like a teenager.

We are growing it out a little bit, and I use that as leverage whenever it is time to brush hair. Of course she doesn't like that! I have a theory about both Graham and Annie's resistance to brushes: since they were bald until two and a half years old, they did not get used to the feel of a brush or a comb. Now the recoil when I try to run a comb through.

Graham also wants his hair long. There are a couple of boys at Ross Elementary with surfer-style hair - very blond, touseled, long, stylish. Unfortunately, when Graham grows his hair out it seems to concentrate in a giant clump on his forehead. He looks like Attack of the Killer Bangs. I think like looks really cute when it's trimmed a bit but I haven't convinced Graham.

Speaking of convincing ... I tried to talk Kyle into letting me cut his hair yesterday and he looked at me as though I suggested he decamp to Antarctica. (I think he still holds the trim I gave him back in 1995 against me.) I told him I knew what I was doing ... and would be really to read up on men's haircutting. Both Marni & Courtney cut their husbands' heads.
But no! Kyle insists on a "professional" at Pro-cuts. Never mind that I could save him $12. :)

I don't like my hair much right now either. It was cut quite a bit shorter than I like it in the summer. It looked cute for about 5 minutes, then promptly clumped on my forehead. (That's where Graham gets it, I'm sure!) The shorter cut was supposed to make it "easy".

Uh, it hasn't.

Actually, it's more work because I look like an escaped prisoner if I don't gel, spray, curl and style it every day. I'm a wash, scrunch and go, but this cut does not allow for that.
Also, it's growing it very mullet-like in the back, so I have to cut it myself. Yes, I bought a (can't think of the word) hair-cutting device (electric razor?), and have to keep trimming up the back so that I don't like Billy Ray Cyrus' younger sister.

I can't wait until I have my chin-length bob back.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Adorable--this is how Annie always looks in my 2005-frozen-in-time mind, anyway. I never would have guessed it was an old picture unless you said so.