This got me thinking about utility rooms (as I often do). I really love my house, but its main flaw (besides being dusty!) is a lack of a utility room. Ah, what a 21st century American problem: Wah, wah, I don't have a utility room.
I know ...
But still, I'd love one. Right now, my W&D are in a closet in our library/TV room/laundry den. All of our board games sit on the shelves above the appliances. Part of me feels that if I just had the right SPACE, my laundry pile-up would cease to be and our home would become a haven of peace, tranquility and productivity.
How about the rest of you? What kind of utility room would you like? Perhaps you already have the one of your dreams. If not, check out this room. I found it online and started drooling immediately. I TOTALLY want that wall of cubbies. Wouldn't that be fantastic?
3 comments:
Years and years ago (you hadn't learned to read) I went with a friend to the Nampa Airport where I colected 15-20 boxes from the crop duster. The boxes are cubes--I had to rinse then, leave them in the sun for a couple of days, and eventually paint them. I am now going to put them in my utily room. Great idea.
Oh, I love the utility-room between rooms idea! Our teeny tiny utility room is also our entry-way from the garage, so every time I walk through, I have this nagging conscience telling me that it's time (again!) to do laundry. In my dream-utility room, I'd have a long counter top to fold clothes - and maybe a small tv/dvd to watch movies so I don't get bored, since it's an all-day event when you have kids. :) Since I don't yet have my long counter top, I end up folding laundry all over the house, and then I have piles everywhere, and sometimes laundry day seems to span several days, so I feel like once laundry day is over, it's time to start again!!
I think I have it pretty good as far as laundry rooms go (a sink!), but I'm always finding things I would add or change. Today, however, I'm just thrilled to have a washer that WORKS!
Post a Comment