Mar 13, 2010

Monstrosities

Corinna and I and our kids went to a place named Concrete Heaven today. We've long admired this joint - so has anyone driving from B/CS to Houston  since drivers/travelers see it looming large where Highways 6 and 290 meet.

I took tons of photos of the kids with their favorite sculpture pieces, but first, I want to share my favorite scary items. Some of these stunned me (Sambo figurines for the garden? Come on, it's 2010!). Others saddened me (hugging babies that look so creepy). Still others scared me (the goat dog with a giant tongue).

Enjoy the parade of freaky yard accessories.
This was scariest of all!

4 comments:

Becca said...

You can use that braying concrete donkey picture when you announce your candidacy in the next gubernatorial race. Or local election . . . I just wanted to write "gubernatorial."

Elizabeth said...

I love that place --- I've actually BOUGHT something there, a fountain for Lou ... it was subtle, trust me. Just one teensy concrete bird on the rim ...

Courtney said...

This place is frightening - someone makes money by making these? Who has this much land, time, lacking artistic ability. (Not that I coudl do better in concrete - my artistic ability lies in knowing that I should stay way from trying to make figurines out of cement.)

PLEASE do not get one of these for our new house - I'm afraid it would end up as a pile of rubble.

Anonymous said...

Courtney--your new profile pic reminds me of "Grey Gardens", you must see it if you haven't yet!