We traveled to Barrington Farm a few times this summer. It's a working farm from the 1850s located in a state park not far from us. It's very educational and enjoyable - and quite eye-opening to see the furniture, ceiling height, cooking equipment and women's clothing styles from that time period.
When Corinna and I took our kids to celebrate the birthday of Texas, there were many folks dressed in period costumes, including military regalia. There might have been a wagon or two. It felt like stepping back in time, just a little. But I laughed when my children saw this food stand and said, "Oh, just the way it used to be!" No, Sam Houston's troops were not fed by sausage on a stick vendors.
Good times, kettle corn and all.

3 comments:
WHAT? I thought that's how civil war soldiers ate, the sausage-on-a-stick and kettle corn vendors. If not like that, HOW? McDonalds, right? Looks like fun, and I always love a glimpse of you ...!
I love visiting historical stuff nearby. I think it makes you like where you live even more.
Brave girls, posing so close to that prickly cactus! Annie's got her diva look down pat, hasn't she? Love it!
Post a Comment