As some of you know, I write for Insite Magazine on a monthly basis(yes, the same one Kyle used to be editor of). It's been a great gig because 1) I'm writing on a regular basis, 2) I get paid a bit for that writing and 3)article assignments help motivate me to write something ... otherwise life would probably get in the way. I've interviewed some really interesting people (a woman adopting internationally, the head of the Downtown Bryan development group, a man who creates articial ponds) and tried to brainstorm some catchy ledes.
For this month's Insite issue, I wrote a first-person essay about Graham's diabetes diagnosis. The issue focus was on health and the editor asked me if I wanted to write about our journey. I was happy for the chance to do some reflecting on the way diabetes has impacted us.
This link should take you to the Insite archive - click on the picture of the April issue of Insite (I think it says "Live Well"), then find your way to "Diagnosis Diabetes".
4 comments:
Erin, I cried when I read the article. I am proud of you guys and can't fathom it's been a year. (m)
Erin, you are a good writer but it was sad to know that you were writing about Graham. What a trooper he is. I didn't know that you write regularly for them. Good for you.
Erin -- What a wonderful piece! Thanks for sharing with so many -- it's so obvious that juvenile diabetes is not just something for Graham's body but the whole family.
Thank you 100 calorie packs - thank you Pink Panther :)
I had no idea the extent of suffering that you guys experienced during the diagnosis. You guys are amazing!
I've always been a fan of your writing. It's as if I can hear you talking when I read. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment