Apr 17, 2008

We love math



The first grade classes at Sul Ross Elementary put on a spectacular musical review called "We Love Math", and Graham got to wear cool sunglasses while singing "We love math, we're cool. We love math, math rules!" My favorite lyric was "My name is plus, I add things together. The numbers go increasing, increasing, up, up the number line!" It has a catchy tune too, and verse two is all about 'minus'.

Meme, Pawpaw, Jen, Matthew, Billy & Katharina came to cheer on our performer. Of course Kyle, Annie and I were also there. Betcha wished you could have heard the crowd-pleaser "Zero the Hero"! (Graham's teacher asked innocently, a few days before the show, "Do you have any super hero costumes we could use?" Did we ever!)

3 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

That sounds like so much fun! What a cool idea. It also sounds like something Graham would really have fun and enjoy. You will have to sing that song for me sometime so I can get the tune in my head. Both the first and the second verse:)

robyncreates said...

I wish we would have thought to have gone. Next year...sounds like it was great fun!!! :)

Unknown said...

what's so wonderful about a zero?
it's nothing, isn't it?

but place a zero after 1
and you've got yourself a 10.
see how important that is?
when you run out of digits,
you can start all over again.