We are back in Texas after traveling to Minnesota for the Christmas holiday. Coming home always means (for me) lots of unpacking and reorganizing. I can't just put stuff away - I have to sort through the closet first. This can be very time consuming, but it helps keep some of the junk at bay. I now have multiple bags & boxes to take to Goodwill. Of course we brought lots back with us too.
I didn't realize that I missed the entire month of December here on the "lowdown" but the posting dates don't lie. Oops!
Minnesota was a perfect holiday destination - the weather fully cooperated this year. (Last year we could see the grass while pulling sleds ... not as much fun.) It was cold, of course, but not so cold we couldn't play outside. People from Texas may not realize that there are gradations of cold and 20 degrees can feel quite nice, as long as you're bundled up.
Highlights included:
*Annie's new career as an amateur sledder. She had almost no fear & went down many a hill by herself!
*Graham learning to play broom hockey & boot hockey with Uncle Andrew
*Staying for four days at a cabin on Alexandria's Lake Victoria with fun family members. Sure the propane tank was empty the first day and we had to wrap up in blankets ... it was still a blast (no pun intended)
*Watching "Enchanted" with Courtney after our first movie choice was sold-out. I really liked it!
*Receiving an electric pencil sharpener. Thank you, Santa Susan. I needed one, requested one and was still surprised when I opened it up on Christmas
1 comment:
I loved Enchanted, too. In fact, I thought of you when the roaches came out of the tub drain to help clean the apartment :). But I disgaree with the rest of the female population of America by emphatically stating that I do NOT think Patrick Dempsey is attractive.
And what was your first movie choice, anyway?
Post a Comment