Urban Dictionary /lowdown/ 1. getting the skinny or full disclosure of the situation
Mar 26, 2008
Easter goodies
Even with Easter coming so early this year (meaning less time to get prepared), we had a great weekend. Jen, Billy & Katharina threw a wonderful Good Friday party for Graham, Annie, Oliver & Christian. They had a neat Easter egg hunt, dyed eggs and enjoyed their holiday sleepover. The kids also got to hang out with Kathy & Leighton, who came up for a spring break holiday and stayed at their favorite motel on Thursday night.
Don't be fooled by the somber photos - we had a great weekend.
I had prepared a neat FHE lesson for the Monday before Easter as well and we sang some of my favorite Easter Primary songs. We were trying to accomplish a more Christ-centered Easter this year, thanks in part to the Ensign's suggestions in that direction. I know the kids did lots of singing and learning at church too, and I think Graham and Annie really grasped the true meaning of the day.
Personally, I always have fun with the Easter baskets. They are secular, yes, but I enjoy choosing a few special goodies for each person and arranging them artistically in the basket.
We don't pretend the Easter bunny brought them. No way! Mom gets the credit! Graham was super thrilled by a Tedd Arnold book in his basket and Annie enjoyed her Hannah Montana doll (yes, the craze has hit our house too). Obviously we didn't go nuts with the candy, but our family likes Reese's peanut butter cups, so I got a pack of those special Easter versions. Yum!
Annie got to wear a beautiful white hat - a gift from Gammy - to church (sorry, I didn't get a picture of it), and Graham wondered briefly why he wasn't allowed to wear a hat in church. A good discussion ensued.
I gave Kyle a bottle of Rooster sauce, a spicy asian-style condiment that he enjoys putting on his food and some protein bars (with 23 grams each!), so it was a happy basket day all around. Then Sunday night we delivered some cupcakes to the Samuelsons and the Hirschis, and enjoyed visiting at both places. I only wish the cupcakes hadn't been flattened before we got to the Hirschis house. I hope they tasted fine as pancakes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It sounds like you had a very nice Easter. Hope you don't mind, I found your blog on Stephanie's. Has soccer started yet? Madalyn really wants to come and watch her old team play.
Take care,
Heather ;)
So glad you're back on the blog! I know the feeling about bookshelves, ahhh!!! Annie looks strikingly like you :) LOTS OF LOVE.
Your right, why should the Easter Bunny get the credit? That is a very smart idea to tell them who it actually came from and then they can appreciate you more because I don't think moms are ever appreciated enough. Sounds like you guys had fun and I am sure the pancakes tasted great. It is all the same flavor right? I am glad you updated, I love reading your blog.
Loved the cupcakes over here. When you get some time (maybe in a year, after you get released?), will you point me in the direction of the Christ-centered egg hunt?
Post a Comment