Mar 26, 2008

My bookshelves


For me, there's nothing more lovely than a well-arranged bookshelf. My dream home will have a true library room with floor-to-ceiling built-in shelves. For now, I enjoy these three shelves that came with our living room. They are a bit cluttered, yes, but I love sitting on the couch with a book and catching a glance of these other books on the wall.

Yea - this might be a weak post (ha ha) but I've been offline for over a month and want to get cracking on my blog. No, I haven't given up. It's just been one of those months/years!

5 comments:

Allison said...

I agree with you about the bookshelves - I wish I was more of a reader like you, but I'm just a wannabe bookworm. :) I also dream of a house with floor to ceiling bookshelves too though...and a sliding ladder that you have to climb to reach the high ones!! :) I think your bookshelves look very nice, and very well decorated!!

Sherry said...

Dear Erin--I love your shelves.

I am somewhat obsessed myself. I have a room with floor to ceiling book shelves, there are at least 7 other rooms with big book cases and a couple of others with just a few shelves.

Recently, I packed 50 boxes of the books I have read and plan to donate them to the public library.

I loved the Easter egg hunt.

Your Aunt Sherry

Steph Thomas said...

We probably don't have quite as many book as you do but we have crowded book shelves and they don't look as nice as yours. Most of our books have something to do with WWII though since that is Chris' field. Some of the shelves we can't even see all the books because we have books stacked in front of them. Books are very good and you can learn so much from them and have so much fun with them. I am enjoying reading our book club book this month. Yeah I am actually reading again!

Unknown said...

nice shelf, but where's your shelfari? so glad that you're back in the blogosphere. i wonder when marni's gonna post a note.

Jennifer said...

Your dream house sounds like mine. Can I hire you to come arrange our built-ins?