Jun 29, 2009

Craft question

I have dozens of these little glass bottles. I've saved all of Graham's bottles, minus the ones that the school nurse has and the few that have broken. I've cleaned and delabeled a few, but most still need to be emptied.

We like to put little wildflowers or pretty weeds in the cleaned ones, but I can't help but feel there is a worthy craft project for my humalog bottles. Unfortunately, I can't think of something worthy ... yet.

Any ideas?

4 comments:

Cori said...

My husband, Jeffrey, collects sand from every beach he visits, and if we had a diabetic family member I would most certainly put those little bottles to use displaying said sand samples as opposed to the pepsi cans, aquafina bottles and ziploc bags they currently reside in.
....been to the beach lately?

Erin said...

Perfect, Cori - Annie keeps saying, "Why haven't you taken us to Hawaii, Mom?"

Uh, a little thing called COST.

But beach sand is an awesome idea. I'm going to start with Lake Bryan, the jewel of the Bryan Utilities system & just a heckuva manmade lake!

Becca said...

Stop trying to be Erin's better friend, Cori.

I wish I could think of something cooler than sand from different beaches, but the only thing that came to mind was "homemade" butter for a Pioneer Day activity.

Cori wins this round . . .

robyncreates said...

I was thinking little tiny beads and other tiny things you never have a place to keep-at lest I have that problem... :)