My friend Corinna ordered a flock of plastic flamingos this spring and organized a shareholding collective. Anyone interested in a *share* could pay the set fee and then have access to said flock for whenever/whatever the anyone wanted. Corinna even set up a Google calendar that governs the flamingos' schedule. We sign up to use them through the calendar, and I, for one, have enjoyed tracking their journey around town as they move from birthday to anniversary to Boss week and back.
The very first recipient of the flamingo flock was Graham. Although I joined as a shareholder (and got to attend the ensuing flamingo party), I didn't know when they were arriving, only that they were on their way. Corinna, meanwhile, snuck over to my house late on April 20th and decorated our lawn so that Graham would wake up on his birthday morning and feel celebrated. Wouldn't you love to have this waiting for you outside your front door? It was so bright and happy, and the signs (made by her talented kids) were great too.
Graham was super excited, though perplexed at how I just "knew" it was Corinna who had done it. A bit later, he commented happily, "I think Mrs. Strayer really loves me like a son, Mom. If something happened to you, not that I'm saying I want something to happen to you, she could raise me like her own child."
8 comments:
Erin,
You have the BESTEST friend. Corinna is SO wonderful. No wonder you guys get along so well. That was so sweet of her, as always. What a fun celebration. That is such a fun/silly idea to be co-sharers or the flamingos and have a calendar to watch where they are. I love it:)
Love the flamingos! Had to be so exciting for Graham!
Isn't that just something you and your flock of creative friends would do?!!...Brill! Loved the look! Happy belated birthday to Mr. Graham. That would make me want to do a bday photo shoot with the pink lovelies!!!
What a fun idea!
Who would even come up with such an idea? I am amazed at the brillance. I also love Graham's train of thought - I can hear him say things and would have loved to see the look on his face when he saw these plastic pink flamingos. How many people have a share in them? How many flamingos are there in all? Sheer brilliance (and yet I'm glad they do not permanently reside on my lawn.)
What a great idea!!!! I think I might totally copy this one--it's a hoot. And if I knew what sound flamingos make (kee-ow) , I'd say it was a kee-ow.
Over the top fun. That is creative!
Maybe she'll be my mom, too ... ?
Post a Comment