Jun 7, 2010

A rose by any other ...

I am using my maiden name as my last name now.

Officially.

Except for all the forms and accounts and bills that still list my married name.

On the records of the Church, I am Erin Hill.
On the records of the SS office, I never wasn't Erin Hill.
At work, on Facebook, with my family, with my students, even in my ward, I am (mostly) Erin Hill.

Just thought I'd share that here. Seems like I need a blog name change too. Or a new blog. (Yeah, because I've spent so much time updating this one lately!)

I could borrow the name from one of my email account handles: mrsbrittdaniel

A little cheeky, since I don't really know the man, but I guess I'm counting on the power of visualization.

8 comments:

Sherry said...

All of my address caches now say Erin Hill, too.

I hope Erin Hill is planning something fun for her birthday!

Elizabeth said...

Erin Janell Hill, a lovely name as befitting a lovely woman.

Becca said...

Let the alliterative/punny/rhyming blog name ideas come pouring in! From me!

Of course, there's always "Over the Hill" (har, har). But I'm sure that one is taken. Too bad...

How about "Queen of the Hill"? And you could put a picture of Peggy Hill on your title.

Hillbillies
Billhillies
Hill-fire and Darnation
Hilliscious (or hillascious)
Hill's Hiccups
Hill's Hymns
Hill's Harmony
Hill's Chill Pills
Hill's Skills
Hillsville
Hill's External Gills

Man, I am HILL-arious.

But seriously, I agree with Elizabeth's lovely comment, and am proud of you for making what was probably not an easy decision.

You made the right one, by the way. :)

Courtney said...

If you're visualizing a Spoon Spouse, why not a blog name like "From the Hills of Minnesota" (instead of from the lakes of minnesota to the hills of Tennessee from the anthem ala Fourth of July Fireworks - "God Bless the U.S.A." ... it would pull you towards the promised land!

For the cheesy ... how about "The Hills are Alive with the Sound of Music" or the Little-Hill (you and your kids.)

??? I always liked your name - Erin Hill, just works but Erin Daniels would be nice too!

Sherry said...

Becca, you should contact Fred Hill.
I recall many names he promised for his children. Blueberry, What in the Sam.
Fortunately, Erin, Marni and Courtney were chosen instead of Mockingbird.

Becca said...

I like "The Little Hill"

Perfect, Courtney!

Susan said...

Adn we'll add Hill for Annie so it all works.

Anonymous said...

i wish i could swing something similar with "Hamster," but the SS office was all like, "no."

how rude!