May 26, 2011

Dancing queen

Annie has a dance recital this weekend. Her competitive jazz team - Petite Elite - will perform to "Groove Thing," a funky number, and "Shine," a lyrical piece. Can you tell which costume goes with which song?



Her ballet class will also be performing with the rest of the ballet company. She is dancing the part of a baby wolf (in the cutest shimmery gray costume ever!) in a kind of princess mash-up the ballet teacher has created by combining the plotlines of "Enchanted" and "Tangled."

6 comments:

Laura said...

Annie is such a beautiful girl. I love how her personality shines through in each of these pictures.

Elizabeth said...

My gosh! Who is this shimmering, beautiful, grown up young woman? Your heart must burst with pride.

Courtney said...

What a contrast in costumes - super funky and super sweet! What a wonderful dancer - can't wait to see the dances in person.

Colleen said...

Annie looks mahvellous, simply mahvellous dahling! Smashing! And dangerously cute, too. when did she grow up? What creative kids you have raised! Hope you can put some video of the recital on the blog for those of us who don't get to witness it personally.

J and M said...

(: I love the white wig. Who thought of that? I actually do appreciate the white wig. One of my pet PEEVES, well it goes deeper than that, is young young girls doing mature dance moves, in mature suits, mature makeup, suggestive to the max in the time of innocence. I think the white wig adds a touch of goofy grown up and fun.

I am curious, however, how 7 year olds are on competitive teams. WHAT????? That scares me.

Susan said...

Her hair in a bun is stunning. Love that girl. Thanks for the pix.