... in a young girl's heart?
Hey, I can't stop singing along to one of the songs Annie's dance class will be performing to in a few short weeks.
Yesterday was photo day so the girls got to practice in their full regalia after the class photo was snapped.
I remember when the costumes were first unveiled several months ago ... the girls loved them, the moms were blown away. Blown. Away.
I tried to get in the head of the costume designer, a woman clearly striving for that WOW factor, unwilling to settle for just one garnish when five would do.
She didn't stop at the garish pink fabric or the lacy overlay on the bodice. She didn't stop with silver sequins trimming the flouncy skirt. She didn't stop with black lace trimming next to the silver sequins trimming the flouncy skirt. No, she took it to the next level with a black sparkly bow (not pictured) threaded through a diamond heart at the back of the skirt.
Must be seen to be believed.
Each girl also gets to wear a black heart diamond choker, a pink, silver and black bracelet, shiny pink-n-silver tap shoe toppers and a marvelous black feather bun topper. The effect is best little dance class in Texas!
I absolutely love watching the girls dance. They especially had fun yesterday with lots of parents watching and cheering from the front of the studio. It truly makes my heart happy to watch Annie concentrating intently on the steps and the moves (and usually executing them about a half-beat after the instructor). It creates a kind of ripple effect.
FYI: the class recital (Annika, Madalyn and Alexa are also in this class) is May 24th for those in driving distance who want to see the costumes for themselves.
2 comments:
I cannot doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.
What version of "Do you believe in magic?" was it? I am guessing the Aly and AJ Disney Channel version.
Post a Comment