I have pictures to post (later - when I find where I packed my USB cord) of the petting zoo. I don't know if liked the kangaroo, the wallaby or the goat who kept licking my knee the best. Annie's favorite was the llama, I think. That would explain why she poured half a cup of grain into its matted coat. Graham got a fuzzy sheep to eat out of his cup.
The rodeo events were really fun too: pulsating/pumping music, a trained dog & joke-telling rodeo clown, bucking broncos (literally!), children chasing a little bull (including all of the above kids), sleek horses, fierce cowboys, and, best of all, the Catalena Cowgirls, a precision rodeo squad. It was a flag-waving event, and I say that fondly. The Catalena Cowgirls did a heart-tugging routine to "The Star Spangled Banner" that involved fireworks shooting out of the lead rider's flagpole.The girls (especially) in our group were transfixed.
I really felt a part of the Bryan community tonight, in a neat, observant "I'm an outsider to this fascinating world" kind of way.
3 comments:
That sounds like fun. I love going to rodeos. They are quite fascinating to me but Chris is not a big fan of them so we probably won't go to many unless we are in MT with my family.
Sounds like the kangaroo, wallaby, goat and llamas were very happy to meet you all! The rodeo Catalena (sp) Cowgirls put Esther Williams in the dust! xx co
This sounds like fun! We'll have to try and go next yr. Thanks again so much for you help Sat am!! I really appreciate it!!!
Post a Comment