Meow :)
Here's a picture (throwin' out a bone to those who grew sick of Pretty Boy's tribute).
Unfortunately, my day took a turn for the non-productive when the AC broke. When the thermostat read 100 degrees F, we fled to Jen's house.
Now I'm dreaming of last month - when we went to the ball field every night without heatstroke.
Not so this week.
I saw a headline on our local TV station's website that announced, "Bryan man caught stealing AC units." You know, the weather might be considered extenuating circumstances!
And here's a link - sort of again - to The Jolly Porter. Turns out this blogger is funny. I've been perusing his archives & chuckling all the while. He really does sarcasm pretty well. Reminds me of a Batt writer named Chris Stidvent whose columns were so funny, week after week. I may have tried humorous once or twice but it's actually really hard to pull off. I admire humor writers who actually achieve humor.
Hmm ... what else could I add? Oh! I watched "Casino Royale" two nights ago. Very exciting! Now "The Quantum of Solace" makes sense ... but the title is still confusing, even with the knowledge that Quantum is a criminal syndicate.
I am (again) reminded of a Jim Gaffigan comedy routine where he jokes about trying to strike up a watercooler conversation about the movie "Heat" with his coworkers - 3 years after the movie came out.
Good news for my sister Courtney - I finally put the TV series "Psych" in my blockbuster.com queue.
I also happily figured out how to work the genius button in iTunes. Now it will make recommendations for me based on my listens.
Top of my iTunes playlist? "Fix You" by Coldplay, then "Glass of Water" by Coldplay, then 2 or 8 Spoon songs, "Samson" by Regina Spektor and "Purple People Eaters" from a Halloween novelty album. Wha? It must have been playing silently, over and over.
This is lame. But perhaps better than another look at Pretty Boy's mug?
8 comments:
Broken A/C? Ug! I'm so sorry! If you need to bring ALL the kids and come over, please do. We have A/C, cold lemonade and kittens. (:
So glad to hear from you, even if just movies and heat. How was the birthday?????
Psych is a funny show. You will like it. (We don't have cable but they had a few episodes on broadcast tv last summer, along with Monk. Both very clever and actually quite clean, a rarity today...)
Sara - you'd enjoy the Monk mystery novels, very funny!
We had heat index near 100 this week and Elin kept telling people - this is what summer is like in Texas, ugh! She was amazed that people lived there in this kind of heat. I'm sorry your A/C broke - did it bring back memories of living at 507 and there never was air conditioning and how even the porch was hot, lying with cold wash clothes surrounded by rotating fans, in the basement - was still hot!
How quickly we move into low mood with hot.... our air conditioner here at work was out of commission on Monday and you'd have thought we were dying. then today it went to Freeze mode and of course we were whining. At home, I do love the windows open to hear the birds....
Erin, I love ALL of your posts and am always ebullient about any update, regardless of the content, be it foods or felines. (Unlike certain other narcissistic blog-stalkers) Thanks for sharing your life with us-you are one talented writin' chick. No wonder I didn't quite get Quantum-I didn't see Casino Royale.
I'm so sorry about the roast out! YIKES. you are welcome in Denton anytime it gets HOT............the pool is closed on Mondays, but hey we'd just sit in the tub.
Look at the sheer number of comments on this post.
I rest my case.
About the baseball photo:
1- At first I was trying to decipher Graham's expression
2- then I noticed Dad #3 on back row reprimanding the boy in front of him for trying to put his baseball glove on another boy's head
3- then I noticed booger-eater (row two, second from right)
4- then I noticed ashamed-to-be-playing-baseball (row three, middle)
5- then I noticed angry stink-eye (row three, second from right)
6- CONCLUSION: Graham and Cannon are the best looking kids in this photograph
7- (BONUS CONCLUSION): Cori HATES cats. Just so you know.
8- (EXTRA ADDITIONAL REDUNDANT BONUS CONCLUSION): I hate James Bond.
Post a Comment