And this week, we're doing Cub Scout Day Camp. It also has an 8 a.m. start time. I have to pack three lunches since I want to eat too, and the camp t-shirt needs to be washed every night.
(Oops - forgot that last night. I'm off to do laundry.)
Our schedule this week is officially nuts (but we're having a blast) -
8 - 4+ Cub Scout Day Camp in the sweltering heat of Texas in August. Wait, it's June? What's the deal with 105 F then?!?
4:15+ Race home, shower x 3, dress, ignore the open dresser drawers, spilled toys, blizzard of paper in the living room, stacks of laundry
5:30-8:30 Race to Vacation Bible Camp at St. Thomas. Feel extreme gratitude that VBC starts with an amazing dinner in an air conditioned fellowship hall. Give thanks for our friends at St. Thomas.
9:00 Go home, try to convince children that bedtime is now even though they want to dawdle with their toys, almost as if downtime was somehow necessary :)
You know, I've been sleeping extremely well after long days in the sun and heat and fun evenings making crafts and singing songs. The kids too, once I can talk them into closing their eyes.
Graham told me that he's happy we're having a "safe and fun" summer, "because that's the most important part, Mom!"
I have a few posts brewing in my mind too - Graham's gold fixation (as previewed on Facebook), Annie's daring rescue of our fish Rainbow, our haircut adventures (I've tried trimming my own hair and Graham's hair this week with, um, not as much success as I would have liked to have seen)
12 comments:
I've missed your posts and wondered how your lazy summer was going --- ha! where's the lazy summer? Can't wait to hear more of your adventures ...
Yay! I'm glad you're enjoying your summer and blazing through busy-ness. I have missed your posts immensely, my friend. Sorry about the 8 AM activities, but maybe you'll get some sleep in July??? Glad you're back!
You are busy! Can't wait to hear about the hair cuts!
Now I feel super lazy. Aleah is one of those 12 hour sleepers at night and we haven't been getting her to bed until 9-10. Colleen also sleeps in - and Emily gets up and reads and putters around quietly. I guess all that will change in a week-ish when the baby comes but I sure am enjoying sleeping in now - though I do have twinges of guilt over my laziness. :) Mmm...well, not too guilty. I miss St. Thomas.
LAZY indeed...........sounds crazy (:
Are you with Annie during the cub scout day camps, is she at a camp too?
I'm sure you are all bronzed at this point, and I agree with the need to shower at 5 pm. I can't fathom 105. Texas is too hot for me!
We'll set up some lazy time for you to come swim with us. Miles will wake at 6:30 and feel this is a good time to waken all involved. I am not a fan of this plan, alas.
What I've learned is that summer is different - not slower. I sounds like the change of pace is good. I'm happy to spring for hair cuts????
Okay, Allison and Corrina *almost* had me talked into VBC, but I balked. Maybe next year when Casper is a bit older and I'm not so anxious about his bedtime.
PS- I am looking forward to the "gold obsession" post.
Dear Erin, Take a few few minutes off for yourself on your birthday.
Erin, you are a Super-Mom! Just reading your schedule makes me exhausted!! How do you do it???? I hope you did get to relax and spoil yourself today for your birthday at least!
We did VBS with some friends for the past two years and one of those yrs, we had your schedule where we did it after Day Camp. This yr Ry and I said no to it,. I was sad and the boys were too, but with doing the after-care and everything else, it couldn't happen. You are the best for doing all that you do! Loved having you there with us last week and I know it helped Addi to see Annie and others she knew at siblings. :)
Wow Erin! Now that it's all over I hope you can relax a little.
Post a Comment