When I mentioned that a few of his Christmas gift requests, the stuff he hoped Santa would bring him, weren't actually available in stores (vintage 1981 "Clash of the Titans" figurines, for example) or actually manufactured ... anywhere (Super Smash Bros character bank trophies ??? I'm not even really saying the right thing because it's not a thing, although I'm going to have fun with Google images and foam board, I'm sure, in an attempt to bring the believing child something special from the "North Pole"), he reassured me that Santa can make, do or be anything. "Remember how Santa brought me baseball chess last year? I loved baseball and chess but I didn't even know they were together. But Santa did!" he said.
Gulp.
My personal Christmas gift list is in good hands. My Mrs. Claus mom and North Pole elf dad have already made arrangements for many of the special items I'm dreaming of this holiday season. It probably doesn't spoil the surprise, for example, to share that I'm hoping for a drill. I don't have one. All of my pictures are hung on push pins. I have my eye on a few cookbooks as well. I wouldn't mind a pair of cords. I wouldn't mind a subscription to the Haagen-Daz's flavor of the month club either.
But ... there was one item I forgot to put on the list, although I did find it at amazon.com. Whew! Still, I'm sharing this special product recommendation in hopes that it isn't too late for any and all of you to make sure Santa hears this request (for your lips) from your lips. From your soon-to-be shiny plumped-up lips. Have them ask dear old St. Nick to bring you a bottle of CityLips Instant Collagen Peptide Lip Plumper + HA Filling Spheres. Becca gave me three bottles (tubes) by way of Cute Cori several years ago. And I've slathered on that CityLips goodness ever since.
Extra perk - within seconds of application, the gloss makes your lips tingle (some say "sting" or "burn"). To me, that feeling = transformation. Those lip plumpers do their job! When you're wearing CityLips, your lips are shinier and plump-ier ... longer. The stuff really works. Plus, it stays on forever!
One afternoon, Annie wanted to put some on her lips. I hurriedly stopped her. "No, don't do that, sweet girl," I said. "Because it would burn my lips?" she asked. I nodded at her, but in my mind, it was more like, "No, because I don't want to waste a single HA Filling Spheres drop!")
My daily pre-work make-up routine consists of powdering my eyelids (so the shadow won't float away like chalk dust), applying a neutral pink, peach or tan shadow, brushing on Maybelline GreatLash in BrownishBlack, rubbing in some creme blush, and slathering my lips with CityLips. (Should I admit that this routine is often performed at stop lights or in the school drop-off drive-thru lane?) Pretty low-key. Yet the CityLips adds a bit of pizzazz! I can't wait until someone makes CityEyes, CityCheeks and CityHair. Style in bottle, happiness applied with a wand.
I'm dreaming of my CityLips bottle wand while grading essays.


7 comments:
I put my make-up on and drive as well.
I want CityHair, too. And Cori, who is sitting right next to me, and who laughed along with me at this post, says she wants CityBoobs.
I hope Santa gets this message in time . . .
I take your recommendation seriously... will look for the self-esteem booster (my words not yours) CityLights Glossser supreme...
Oooh, I love make-up recommendations! I rarely buy stuff 'cuz I'm too lazy, so when someone mentions it, I've got to check it out!
I once tried your lip plumper and it made my lips BURN horrendously. You have lovely lips that don't need to be plumped (though everyone likes a good shine) - I have a lower lip that is el plumpo a natural! I will forgo the burn!
Erin,
I finally found your blog! I have very much enjoyed reading your latest blogs. It made my day better in this lonely office.
I am with you. Som of my outside Christmas lights are pin to the house with push pins! How pitiful, but it works. I also had my ltest garage sale sighs pushed pin to the light poles, but those flew away.
Radiolab - who are you? Reveal yourself and your push pin ways!
Post a Comment