Dec 22, 2010

Lite ranting: yuck

Why do they keep making and selling this candy? Who likes it? To me, this "classic" candy redefines candy as something that tastes like medicine. The best part about it is the cute wrapper, the way the twist is green, like a strawberry leaf. (Are those green tufts on a strawberry plant called leaves?) The worst part about it is the way it tastes. Be gone, berry imposter. Be gone from our Halloween buckets, our doctor offices, our attractive bank lobbies. We need more room for root beer barrels!

10 comments:

Me and my 10k takes said...

I love these candies! :)

Shea said...

(I like them too.)

Sherry said...

I, too, must admit that I pick them out of mixed candy bowls--I really like them:)

Erin said...

Freaks, all of ya!

:)

Sara said...

Ugh, I don't like them either. They are cute looking, but disappointing-tasting. :)

Courtney said...

They remind me of buying penny candy at Dietman's Grocery as a child - getting a little brown bag and filling it with tiny tootsie rolls, these and other delights.

J and M said...

these, candy corn, smarties, all yucky........waxy pumpkin shapes, ick.

Tracy Loewer said...

Mmm, candy corn...so bad, but so good.

Susan said...

I would rather eat dirt.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I'll eat these in a pinch, as in "it is the only candy available". I actually like them if they have a soft-ish center, which is all the more appreciated when you suck the candy, not biting it. (I know, I'm a pathetic candy-aficionado!)