May 8, 2008

Living family history

My dad sent us an email with a newsflash: his birth certificate (contrary to what was previously believed) lists his name as Ernest Fredrick Hill ... not Fredrick Ernest Hill.

Good to double check, for sure!

Here is a pic of Fred.E.Hill as a young lad (courtesy of Aunt Sherry). To say that he looks like little Miles is S.T.O. (state the obvious, in Marni-lingo). But still, it's true, therefore I have posted a comparison photo of Miles.


2 comments:

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney said...

Actually dad spells his name FREDRICK (not fred-erick) like all the relatives. I asked dad how he went by F.E. (and wrong spelling) when his name was E.F. and how he got a Social Security Card -- he replied that he got his S.S. card when he was 12 years old and it actually gives the name "Freddie". So his birth name and legal name are different. Then again, as a I child, I was convinced I was adopted. Why you may ask? In addition to finding out a neighbor friend had been adopted, I just didn't think I looked like mom and dad -- Erin looked so much like mom and Marni resembled dad and back then I thought -- what have I got, Grandpa Howard's crooked pinkie finger?? But now as adults it's funny how things have shifted and it's easier to see how each girl has bits and pieces of Susan and Ernest! Hahahaha!