May 14, 2008

Mother's Day Tea

Annie's preschool class had its Mother's Day Tea this morning. You're probably wondering where you can buy a fancy newspaper hat like the one Annie made!



Her class performed several songs, including Annie's favorite "You are Loved". It brought tears to my eyes.

They also sang "Eggs, Eggs, Eggs" and "Boom Chicka."

Ever since Graham started PreK with Mrs. Sagong (and then 1.5 years with Mrs. Davidson and several months with Mrs. Skow + Annie's year in Beginners with Mrs. Altendorf), I've felt such a cozy, happy feeling at St. Thomas ELC. The schedule, the attitude, the grounds & plants, the tools & toys ... it's all just right for young children. Deciding to send Graham there was one of the best decisions I ever made! It really created a family vibe that I hope to continue well into the future. We've made wonderful friends there, adults & children alike. We've spent many hours on the playground, enjoyed festivities like Spring Festival, and learned at the summer VBS. Third only to our home and our church (and the gourmet truffle shop that opened a few blocks from us) St. Thomas is my favorite place in B/CS.

This year, with Mrs. Lawrence and Mrs. Flynn as Annie's teacher, has been a great way to end our time at St. Thomas. Annie truly is in a happy place there ... even the times of separation anxiety are handled appropriately. She's learned a bunch, like how to hold baby chicks, the life cycle of a caterpillar/butterfly, how to use a hammer & nail ... and so much more.

This line of backpack hooks caught my eye, as did the wooden boards underneath the outside paint station.

5 comments:

J and M said...

I am so glad for annie, and for the lovely center you have there. Find me one in Denton!!!! (: I looked at a mother's day out (it was an in home center masquerading as a mother's day out)....i like the backpacks, I like the paints, the hats.........(and the truffle shop near your house).

Courtney said...

Annie is absolutely adorable in that hat. While she doesn't look like you did as a child, she certainly looks like you. Genetics is so interesting. Miles tends to smile just like Graham -- where'd that come from? (I mean, originally - whose is the originator of that gene?)

Becca said...

Gourmet Truffles??? Hello, I'd like to enroll myself at that place.

I love the picture of the coat hooks with pictures above--it reminds me of Charlie and Lola. There's something so soothing to me about sending your child to a well-organized place!

Jennifer said...

I feel the same about G's school in H-town. A place where her soul was nurtured by teachers who truly loved her. Every child should be so lucky.

(I wish I had been at swim today so we could have talked The Office. Add that to our list of topics, okay?)

Diane said...

I am with you on St. Thomas. It has been such a blessing to Ryan (Mrs. Sagong and Mrs. Davidson) and Grace. I am keeping Grace there for 1st Grade--which I agonized over for Ryan and didn't. Wish I would of. It is a gift to be a child there..and as Mrs. Davidson recently told me--it's a gift to be an adult there too. Loved my morning catch up of you on your blog Erin!