Jul 16, 2009

True North

If I were a professional blogger, someone who receives items in the mail to try out & to promote, this post might just be another day at the office. Here's a product, there's a product, yummy yummy, wish you were as cool as me. (Designmom totally exempt from my snarkiness - she is very, and refreshingly, transparent and pose-less!)

But no promotional snacks were sent to me prior to the writing of this post. However, I would be happy to accept promotional snacks at any time from this company.

Cause people, these True North snacks really are out of this world!



At this very moment, I am crunching on a Pecan Almond Peanut Cluster. Ingredients? Peanuts, Almonds, Brown Rice Syrup, Pecans, Organic Sugar, and Sea Salt. That's it. Sure, there's sugar, but it's yummy good for the earth sugar, not corn syrup or other fake sugars that have turned us into a nation of messed-up pre-diabetics. (Do you hear me, Oreos!?!)

I also love the pistachio crisps and the citrus peel flavored nut clusters. My kids love them, and Graham is not someone to just pop anything into his mouth. They taste sweet and salty, a great combo, and they provide protein, a great filler-upper.

I like the earthy tan packaging and the accompanying Find Your True North ad campaign that encourages people to follow their dreams. I may just be following my dreams to the snack aisle, but still, I've got a snack line (from the Frito-Lay company, it must be disclosed) that works on several levels: convenience, taste, texture, variety and sense-of-doing-good.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Ooh, I always see these at SuperTarget and must admit they look DELICIOUS! Wouldn't it be a terrible thing if you suddenly realized they contain something like chicken legs (or it would be a blessing if you suddenly decided that chicken legs tasted like these.) - By the way, I don't eat chicken legs (can't handle the feeling of the bones in my mouth - YUCK!)

Elizabeth said...

Hmm ... sweet and salty is a combination I HATE. But, Jason loves it, so I'll pass your recommendation on to him.

J and M said...

I too have eyed these in the aisles at Kroger............perhaps a must taste?

Heather said...

We agree! I think we ate your entire bag of pistachio chips when we were at your house. Oops.

Sara said...

Unlike Elizabeth, I love sweet and salty together. One of my fave combinations is popcorn and candy corn in the same bite. I know, lots of corn syrup there. But delicious.

Becca said...

The packaging totally sells me.

And this post.

I'm off to the store.

Oh, wait, I live in SS--everything closes at 9:00.

And they probably don't have True north snacks at Broulim's . . .

Pllllbbbth.