Dec 10, 2010

Stepping out

At the end of November, we participated in a fun walk/run event put on by the Houston chapter of the American Diabetes Association, thanks to the organizational efforts of my mother in law, Kathy, who worked long and hard to pull it all together. Our team - Graham's Jedi Knights - wore spiffy matching shirts with a logo designed by Graham's dad. Everyone in the picture is from Kyle's family - aunts, cousins, parents and children. We carried plastic light sabers, as you can see. Kind of crazy to realize how many light sabers that child owns! I love the fellowship we experience at these events (this is our second walk since he was diagnosed back in February 2007) - it's quite uplifting to be surrounded by other people whose lives are impacted by diabetes, to hear the cheers and to share smiles. Graham felt buoyed up as well.


3 comments:

Becca said...

I love the pictures of Graham and Annie--they look like sweet little ragamuffins. I'm glad Kyle's family is so involved and supportive with Graham's diabetes.

colleenky said...

Cool....let there be a cure soon!

Leila said...

I can't believe how much Graham looks like Kyle and Annie looks like you. You both have Mini Me's.

No close up on the T-shirt? :)