Do you wish to know the price to be paid for the privileges that are offered after we have received the Holy Ghost? The price is not a predetermined or fixed amount; rather, it is determined by each of us individually.It made me want to invest more of my time (it should be at least 10%) to developing that spirituality.
If you set your payment, which is your personal effort, very low, you may not be able to avail yourself of all the Spirit has to offer. You may even quench the Spirit! However, if you set your personal contribution high, you will reap an abundant harvest from the Spirit. The payment I reference is, of course, not money; rather, it is a greater commitment to and involvement in personal spiritual endeavors and behaviors.
We determine the level of our current personal contribution by examining our present choices and priorities against questions such as these:
1. Do I spend more time with sports than Church attendance or callings?
2. If I have a free day, do I choose to attend the temple or to visit the mall?
3. Do I resort to computer games or surfing the Internet rather than offering meaningful service to others in my home and community?
4. Do I read the newspaper religiously but find it difficult to read the scriptures daily?
There are other questions you might formulate which will reveal the appropriateness of your current choices and priorities.
Whatever level of spiritual development each of us may presently have, there always exists a higher level within our reach. Time is a most precious asset. Would you consider investing more of your time in the things of eternity in order to merit the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost and to benefit more fully from His influence?
If your answer is yes, the initial offering in this pursuit of deeper spirituality is an intensified desire to receive greater inspiration and to become more holy. When these desires fill our hearts, we will eagerly increase the price we pay for heaven's help.
Urban Dictionary /lowdown/ 1. getting the skinny or full disclosure of the situation
Nov 6, 2007
Elder Hilbig's conference talk
I thought this blog is a good place to share some moments from General Conference that spoke to me. For starters, I really enjoyed "Quench Not the Spirit Which Quickens the Inner Man" by Elder Keith K. Hilbig (I think it's true for me that Saturday sessions are sometimes more meaningful)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think that Elder Oaks' talk compliments this one perfectly--about doing "best" things instead of just good things. For example, it's good to scrapbook, it's better to blog, and it's best to keep a journal :).
Post a Comment