
After two years of dance lessons, Annie has decided she wants to try gymnastics. This summer, she had a chance to watch a bit of Olympic gymnastics while we were in Minnesota. This only fueled her interest, of course. After watching USA gymnast Shawn Johnson on floor, Annie decided her original plan needed tweaking: "I don't want to go to gymnastics class. I just want to go to the Olympics!" she said.
I pointed out that Shawn Johnson attended gymnastics classes for years before going to the Olympics.
"Okay," she said.
I guess Powersports will be a good starting place, though it isn't as exciting as Beijing!
But wouldn't it be fun to have an immediate talent? I wouldn't mind competing in synchronized diving. Any potential partners out there?
9 comments:
Erin-
Your kids say the best things. I love reading your blog and reading what your kids have said recently. It puts a smile on my face. Thanks for always sharing.
If it was an immediate talent then sure I would love to be your partner. However, I don't know if I can rig that so it may take me too many years to take the lessons and then I would be old like Dara Torres:) However, if I could do what Dara did at the age of 41 I would be doing quite well.
Did you find the cable to your digital camera? These are great pictures of your kids!
We look forward to being in the stands in 2020 in oh let's say Rome or Copenhagen or somewhere lovely in Europe to cheer on the reigning world champion, Annie Littlefield as she defends her gymnastics title.
I want to be instantly in shape to run a Texas marathon. That way I'll have no shin splints, no flopping old saggy muscles, nothin'. I'm surprised Courtney didn't post about us doing the "splits" (picture an upside down V formation, nowhere close to the floor) after a previous olympics in our childhood. We were going to make it!!!!
Erin, Go to customize and then add a link list....that's how you get a list of friends blogs on the side. I just thought of this. It has nothing to do with olympics. m
I'll synchronize dive with you, Erin. Or I'll try my best ... although I never even learned how to cartwheel on the ground, so I'm not sure we'll be at the next Olympics. Can't wait to cheer Annie on, though.
Wha???
Sychronized swimming is your olympic sport of choice????
I feel like we are close enough that I can mock you for admitting this. What about trampolining, or speed-walking, or shooting clay pigeons?
Email me your new address or we're through.
Toodles! :)
I love the no-nonsense, no dallying-training method to championship! After the Olympics, Annie can take this on the Success speaking tours---and be a millionaire by 12! You go girl!!
Post a Comment