Aug 3, 2008

We're back ... sort of


We're back from Norway Lake, after our five-day, Gluten-free Hill family vay-cay (Courtney's new term). It truly was a vacation - no cell phone service, no wireless service, no phone at the cabin, lots of lake activities, plentiful corn on the cob - and we had a great time. Now we're in St. Cloud for a bit longer.

(Norway Lake was given its name because of the large number of Norwegian immigrants in the area, we learned.)

I was told that it was supposed to get to 107 degrees in Bryan, TX today. Well, here in central MN, it's a cool, rainy 67.
We had plenty of sun at the cabin, of course, but the cooler evenings, relaxed dinners on the deck and dips in the shady lake made it a temperature vacation for us Littlefields.

I have lots of fun pictures documenting our drive up (via Fayetteville, Arkansas and the I-35 corridor), but need to unpack and all that stuff before fully documenting the adventure.

Here are a couple of fun photos from our lake adventures in the mean time: Annie floating in the tire tube, Graham leaping off the Launch Pod, the aforementioned deck, a view of the lake and a group floating shot. However, I'm not sure the order they will actually appear.





2 comments:

colleenky said...

Wunnerful-a-wunnerfull-a- Love the blogs with photos! What a treat for the family vaca! Ellie's cast is off (yippee)--and you all look relaxed and beautiful.
long distance hugs and thanks for sharing the adventures! xx co

Steph Thomas said...

Wow, looks like you guys are having a great time. I tried to escape the heat of Texas last year and went to Montana but it just followed me and was actually hotter in MT then TX. I am glad you guys are enjoying the cool weather.