I helped with a few holiday crafts in Annie's class this a.m. & stayed after a bit to watch them play on the playground.
The word spread quickly!!! that there was a spider on the rock wall.
Here's just what I heard on the park bench - this is an accurate report, not an exaggeration:
1st kid - "Annie's mom, there is a spider on the rock wall. I just told the teacher."
2nd kid, a few minutes later - "There is a black widow spider over there!"
3rd kid - "There is a baby tarantula on the rock wall!!!"
2nd kid, back again - "Haden just killed the poisonous spider."
Then a friendly little fellow came over and asked me my name.
"I'm Mrs. Littlefield."
"I'm Jace Powder."
"Hi, Jace," I said.
"You can call me Miss Powder."
6 comments:
She did not really say you can call me Miss Powder. That might be the funniest line I've ever heard. Did you keep yourself from laughing?
"Miss Powder"? Sounds like her alter ego--I bet she has some superpowers. Did you ask her if she was responsible for the unexpected weather you've been getting?
That is hilarious! I guess she is a true Southern girl!
But it was a boy ... that's what really killed me.
:)
That is hilarious! They were still talking about the spider when I came out later too! :)
I was thinking that Jace sounded masculine. In.ter.esting.
Post a Comment