Sunday - I arrive in Texas from D.C. around 11 p.m. It's been a full day. Breakfast and church in D.C., plus games and crisp salads and a quick viewing of the World War II Memorial, then two flights, one of them on a frightfully loud prop plane! I collapse into bed, happily smiling at the books Elizabeth gave me that I managed to stuff into my carry-on, but wake every hour or so with a running to do list in my head.
Monday - Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to class I go. Full day teaching, kid pick up (they were so happy to see me that Graham kissed my cheek in front of all of his friends), then home for a quick snack, then off to OT, then Little League. FHE was a Living Scripture tape while we snuggled in the papasan chair.
Tuesday - same drill, except chess club, then Little League. Dinner was canned soup and frozen green beans. I was the only one to eat the green beans.
Wednesday - breakfast, baths, the get-dressed hustle, teach my classes, then school pick up, then park playdate, then dinner on the run, Cub Scouts, Young Women, then bathtime (again!), then snoresville. I had gotten up really early to do grading and finish writing a midterm test so I was beat.
SO ... tonight is supposed to be my clean the house/catch-up night. Yeah, I'm mostly catching up on blogs is what I'm catching up on. Our suitcases are not yet unpacked from spring break, but I did manage to return "Australia" to Blockbuster. It was a great in-flight movie, and I do recommend it (but not to Carl, of course). The laundry is undone, but I did make it to HEB to buy fresh produce, milk, eggs, high quality chocolate products, hot dogs and kefir.
4 comments:
Heh.
Oh! Graham kissed your cheek.
Though a busy week
He was sure to speak
(without a squeak)
That his mom is...um...shiek.
I didn't intend to make a rhyming comment, but it just turned out that way.
You are simply AMAZING!!
I keep meaning to ask-how IS baseball going? Is it anything like what Graham thought it would be? Does he have his moves down? :) And did you take the pic just for that post?
Post a Comment