Jun 10, 2008

Dead Poet's Society



This is another classic favorite o'mine. This movie, like "Stargate" for Courtney, combines several of my interests/affections/aspirations: teaching, poetry, boarding schools, the 1950s, and when I was a teenager, cute boys (Knox Overstreet!) in suitcoats.

Oh Captain, my Captain!

On rewatching, I find the suicide a tad bit improbable (more of an impetuous teen gesture than a realistic event for that character), but the movie still touches my heart!

Carpe Diem, indeed.

5 comments:

Becca said...

Does Knox Overstreet remind you of anyone . . . ? Because he reminds ME of someone totally cute!

J and M said...

Carpe dentum! Seize the teeth!

Erin said...

Allen "Knox Overstreet" Renfroe truly rocks!

:)

Steph Thomas said...

I do like this movie, except the suicide of course, but luckily Chris warns me of such events and I don't actually have to see it. He has definitely gotten me to watch a whole lot more movies and read more books then I ever would have and I have really enjoyed them.

J and M said...

For the record, I did not write seize the teeth. J did (: m