Jun 12, 2008

Shoes on


Usually it takes many, many reminders before Annie & Graham put on their shoes in the morning. Many, many reminders. Sometimes, on school mornings, Graham would still be putting on his shoes as we drove up in front of the school.

This morning, I asked Graham and Annie to get their shoes on. I told them where the shoes were but did not hand the shoes to them. I left the room to take care of something else. When I returned, I cranked up the same old lecture: "Kiddos, you need to get your shoes on now!"

"But Mom," they said, "Our shoes are on." They both kicked up their feet so that I could see the proof.

Lo & Behold - The Shoes. Were. On.

One reminder. Wow! I did a little happy dance.

4 comments:

Allison said...

YAY! I've discovered that it really is an amazing feeling when you only have to ask once!!

Becca said...

I love it how you expected their shoes to NOT be on . . . totally what I would have done, as well.

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Erin! I know you probably won't have a birthday post for yourself, but wanted to leave you best wishes here. Enjoy your day. I hope it involves lots of ice cream. :)

Love,
Sara

BJML said...

Hey - Marni's site reminded us of the date. Happy birthday. Welcome to your new age. I've been here for a while. It's not too bad, really.