This is what Annie told me as I was putting her to bed last night.
Annie: "I want to see you in my bed when I wake up in the night. I want to see you there, Mom. Do you understand?"
She is a sweet snuggly-bug. When I was at Girl's Camp, I had a hard time falling asleep, especially that first night, because I missed the weight of Annie's head on my shoulder. We call her a tree monkey because she clings to the torso of the person next to her, especially when asleep.
Last week, when Billy & Katharina spent the night, Annie & Katharina shared the pull-out couch. When I walked by them, an hour or so after they fell asleep, I could see that Annie had her arms wrapped around Katharina's knee.
As for my son, well, I have to chuckle at what he must think the internet is ... a magical place where ALL information happily waits to be summoned. While preparing a bug report for his Boys' Book Club, we googled for some pictures and facts on the creature of his choice. When our first search didn't turn up much on African fat-tailed scorpions, Graham clarified the search terms.
Graham: "We need to type, 'Why aren't vigaroons a true scorpion?', Mom. Just look it up on the computer. Just type 'Why aren't vigaroons,' no, wait, 'Why aren't giant vigaroons a true scorpion?' and also type 'All arachnids, arthropods, insects and crustaceans'."
Me: We're not going to get anything from that.
Graham: "Just type 'All social insects of every kind.' I want to see them."
3 comments:
I'm impressed at Graham's technical word knowledge. And this is a funny post, not only because of what your kids said, but also because it's a great glimpse into the nature/nurture debate. Obviously Graham didn't get his love of all things crawly from his parents. :) I hope you aren't called upon to actually hold a fat-tailed scorpion. Ew.
Do you remember life before the internet? It is weird to think that our kids are going to grow up with it so intertwined in all that they do.
I must admit I find myself looking stuff up on the internet as the authority way more than I should. It is just so easy.
We have also looked at bugs -- the clarify wasps, hornets, and bees. How useful and close up with out the fear of stingers.
Post a Comment