Sep 17, 2008

Life insurance

Today I was thinking about my life insurance.

I've already promised the Big Bucks to aunt Marni if she ever becomes the legal guardian of my children. Glad to have some security for them. Just in case, ya know!

For some reason, my next thought was - Who do I want to star in the movie of my life, after my untimely death?

Perhaps Marni will use the life insurance settlement to make this movie :)
No, no. Don't do that. Save it for Graham and Annie's college funds, please!




But you might consider sending Cate Blanchett a copy of the script, just in case she's available/interested in starring in this straight-to-DVD tale of a Latter-day Saint mother of two who teaches English, possesses a horror of wearing socks and a love of egg salad sandwiches, adores big earrings from the $1 Stop at Target and hates sprinkler systems that water sidewalks, actually enjoys edging the lawn and gets bothered even when other people wear (weird, tufty) socks.

Socks! (They'll probably have something to do with my eventual demise.)

It's more likely the movie will star Jane Curtin, even though she is several decades older than I am. I've been told I look like her.

That's fine, except I don't love the way she looks. LOL

4 comments:

Elizabeth Kiker said...

Loves reading, has an excellent mind with exceptional talent for finding the bright side in virtually anything, and will live to be 100 so has no need to be discussing any of this. Perhaps Cate Blanchett can instead play you in the movie of your life as written by Tracy Kidder ... titled Wondrous Erin.

Courtney said...

I think Cate's a brilliant choice for you - not Lord of the Ring-ish or Elizabeth but spunky (albeit a mentally unstable woman) in Bandits. Gotta love that red hair and love of 1980s songs and a fear of 1950s furniture.

Kate and Allie, please -- that was so your high school variety show because she was hip - now she's just old.

I'm not usually a straight to DVD kind of person but I know I'd watch this one - the story of your life entitled "Miracle in the Andes" oops, wait - you didn't have to resort to canabalism for 72days on a mountain top, scale some the highest peaks in the world to safely reach humanity after a horrific plane crash.

J and M said...

Erin,
Jane Curtin. Ew. You do not look like her.

I love Cate Blanchett! LOVE. She will be great! Start sending the big monies now (: I'll prep on assisting your children while you're still here..........for a long long time!

Susan said...

It's Cate for sure. mom