
Foxnews.com is the ... worst. I'm not referring to their political coverage or their right wing P.O.V. No, I mean they are the worst about covering absurd, shocking, horrible stories, oddball pieces that never make the light of washingtonpost.com. Actually, it might be more appropriate to say they are the best at covering these stories. (Obviously, since I continue to read it on occasion.)
I was joking about this last week to my friend Jennifer & made up a 'fake' foxnews.com headline: "Boy fatally stabs snake in nursing home". Not true, I admit, but this is a list of stories on the website today. I don't think I'm that far off. I mean, dead from excessive deodorant use ???? Man shot by dog ???? The thing is, they aren't making these stories up, but they must employ a team of *researchers* who scour news sources for the disturbing-n-bizarre!
* Boy, 12, Dies From Excessive Deodorant Use
* Missing Illinois Student Found Dead in Fraternity Storage Closet
* New York Christmas Boat Parade Changes Name, Loses Fans
* Missing Teenage Girl Found in Illinois Teacher's Closet
* NYC Mom Sues Hospital After Losing Both Hands, Feet in Medical 'Mistake'
* WANTED: Randy Mark 'Mad' Yager for Murder, Arson, Robbery and More
* Report: French Nightclubs Burned Down in War Between Nudists, Swingers
* Oregon Man Shot by Dog During Hunting Trip
* Slain Florida Mom Dialed 911 From Car Trunk
* Coeds Take Off Underwear to Be 'Green'
3 comments:
Ooh, now that last idea is compelling. Actually, it would be most "green" to just go around nude. I live in a cold climate, I am not able to save the planet that way, but Erin, you live in TEXAS. (hint) hahaha!
Sara has got a very valid point.
It is warm there all year round ...
Post a Comment