
My sister Courtney occasionally posts movie recommendations (and warnings, like "Made of Honor"). I don't think I've posted any reviews ... yet ... but I thought I'd admit to liking this formulaic, cliched, poorly acted, fun fest. Yes, I am talking about "Drillbit Taylor."
It's one part school bully, one part lovable nerd, one part Owen Wilson and three parts dumb. Does that add up?
In spite of the inanity, I was chuckling. A lot. The lead nerd actually does a pretty decent job. After his first (horrible) day at school, he tries to put on a happy face to his jock step-dad. "I made so many friends today, I can't even remember their names," he says really cheerfully.
"That's great!" says the step-dad. "Sounds like you're in it to win it!"
"I am," he says, shivering at the memory of receiving a wedgie from the bullies.
Later, the third nerd, a little boy with a high voice, comments on the disastrous rap-off between the bully and nerd #2 that ends with threats: "I guess what they say is true. Rap music does lead to violence."
I'm not recommending that anyone actually rent this thing. But if it ever comes on TBS and you have nothing else to do, it might be worth a few laughs.
3 comments:
Do I dare watch it???
One part rent, one part return?
By the way, I have Latin Yoga Booty Ballet and we are SO doing it this week -- you'll love it!
"If it ever comes to TBS"--hahaha!
Hmm. I just returned Jason's netflix movies, unwatched, so I could watch MY movies while he is out of town this week. Not sure this one is going to make the list ... :)
Post a Comment