Nov 1, 2008

Graham's new favorite chess clip


Graham always has certain *interests* at any given that fill his mind & shape his perceptions. This summer it was chess, baseball & bugs. He's still interested in chess (hello, chess club) and baseball (going to join a team for the spring). Bugs, yeah sure, a little bit. But new interests have arrived. New interests include The Statue of Liberty (which is one reason he loves to eat at Freebird's) and King Arthur and all things knight. Add to that list of interests (or on-the-cusp interests) "Peer Gynt"; the second graders have been listening to it in music class & Graham's music teacher told the story of Peer, apparently very well, as Graham wanted to look up pictures of Nordic trolls!

So imagine Graham's Total Happiness when Meme found this claymation chess clip with "In the Hall of the Mountain King" from "Peer Gynt." Hello harmonic convergence!

9 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

That was a really fun clip of chess. It makes me want to go play a game of chess. I am going to have to get Chris to watch this. He will think it is cool too.

Anna M said...

Very fun claymation with the perfect music to accompany it.

J and M said...

(: I love mister G! I think there is a little einsteins episode with this music........come watch with us!

Jennifer said...

And tonight, he hummed music from Peer Gynt while he played with our talking United States puzzle (the one with the Statue of Liberty that sings America the Beautiful).

robyncreates said...

The boys LOVED that! Thanks for sharing!

Susan said...

The horse the shark!!! zowie... Can you put the clip from Harry Potter on too.....

Susan said...

By the way did you really post that at 2:37 a.m.?????

Erin said...

The timing must be off on my computer because I posted this during an evening, not in the middle of the night!

:)

Becca said...

Not only do I love this fun clip--I also love your perfectly written description of Graham and his interests. Hello, harmonic convergence of humor, depth, and love for your child!