Urban Dictionary /lowdown/ 1. getting the skinny or full disclosure of the situation
Dec 5, 2008
A movie based on a novel that doesn't disappoint!
I read this book last year & loved it.
I watched the movie version while on a plane from Texas to Minnesota & loved it. (Note: I enjoy watching films with safe air travel scenes while flying, since I am quite *nervous* in the air.)
I am obsessed with her, with this book, with this quiet, thoughtful, profound movie. The scene where the father explains the name to the son ... man. It kills me every time. She has a new book out!
Sigh. I loved her writing, and the book had a quiet painfulness to it. Almost a peaceful defeatedness. I would still recommend it to anyone, but it somehow represents our inability to communicate, keep hold of what we love.....Maybe that is it. It fundamentally represents that things fall apart. I am still so saddened by parts of it, and absolutely loved parts of it.
I am not sure if I am brave enough for the movie. I loved her writing style, however. Captivating.
4 comments:
I am obsessed with her, with this book, with this quiet, thoughtful, profound movie. The scene where the father explains the name to the son ... man. It kills me every time. She has a new book out!
Sigh. I loved her writing, and the book had a quiet painfulness to it. Almost a peaceful defeatedness. I would still recommend it to anyone, but it somehow represents our inability to communicate, keep hold of what we love.....Maybe that is it. It fundamentally represents that things fall apart. I am still so saddened by parts of it, and absolutely loved parts of it.
I am not sure if I am brave enough for the movie. I loved her writing style, however. Captivating.
Marni, to me the movie has more hope than the book. The movie is Gogol's journey to find himself. It is well done!
We loved the Namesake too. One of our favorites. I have wanted to read the Overcoat ever since.
Post a Comment