Highlights:
* Corinna lent me her Raggedy Ann costume - perfect! I had fun painting my nose red
* Annie's black & pink plaid flats matched her pink leopard costume dress exactly. Annie worked carefully on her whiskers and was pleased with the final result. (Good thing I had a stack of make-up wipes on hand for the initial smudges!)
* Graham knew he wanted to be Mario and was thrilled with the suit when it arrived
* the Strayers came to our ward party and had a fun time
* Graham and Annie get to trick or treat with Dad, Meme and Pawpaw in Baytown
Challenges:
* the borrowed plastic nose that I spray painted a flesh color meant for Mario's face was picked up prematurely (by Mario himself) and was thus too sticky to wear for our pictures. This meant that the mustache, attached by eyelash adhesive, felt lonely under Graham's regular-sized nose
* our trip to Halloween Express scared and scarred each of us ... next year, we're sticking to Target/amazon.com/Goodwill for our holiday window shopping
* various family members' moods fluctuated quite wildly at our church party: up, down, then up again
* sharing holidays. No two ways around it - it's really hard
3 comments:
I think raggedy ann is such a good idea! I want to see a full body of it, that's something I would want to keep on hand.
I love mario and the moustache looks great. Jon can sing the song a handsome moustache for G. Annie is effervescent as always.
Halloween express. I wouldn't even think of it. I hate those horrid ghoulish stores. ICK. America at its lowest.
Ugh. I am so sorry about shared holidays. Are the kids trick-or-treating with Kyle tonight?
Erin, forget your kids--you look adorable!
Truman LOVES Graham's Mario costume. He and Brigham had talked about being Mario and Luigi this Halloween ("No Brigham, I'm Luigi because I'm taller than you and Luigi is taller than Mario."), but changed their minds as they invariably do. Maybe next year??? Mollie could be a cute little mushroom or Princess Peach . . . I don't why I persist in believing that we can have family themed costumes again . . .
I miss the Bryan First ward Halloween Party and trunk-or-treat!
Cute family get-ups. It's fun when kids get to be what they want and relish in the joy. I was grateful when Elin changed from "A snow fairy" from the Nutcracker (how to make THAT costume) to Laura Ingalls - now THAT I can do! Though it appears as though you were not in full winter coats, hats mittens and extra tights under pants to stay warm while trick-or-treating. It's 37 degrees this morning and it feels LOVELY - I'm going to walk outside. All things are so relative that this feels WARM!
Post a Comment