We've been sick around here with an assortment of throat pains, sinus infections and flu symptoms. We had a lovely relaxing General Conference weekend despite the illnesses. It gave us a chance to lounge about. Of course, now that the school week has started, a quick recovery is essential. I'm taking Sudafed + vitamin C + Cold Calm and am drinking lots of water. Anything to strengthen my immune system. Laughter really helps too, or so they say. This must be why Annie has been asking me to tickle her five times a day. Despite the discomfort, it's a guaranteed belly laugh and that helps her feel better.
I found this clip from last week's SNL and was - as Becca says - ello-elling! I'm sure this Norwegian Playhouse production has given my white blood cells the boost they needed tonight!
"Slap me five!"
6 comments:
Loved the poorly executed sentence structure! Let's just say - I wouldn't have to want to learn English as an adult - oh man, I'm trying to teach Elin phonics and sometimes you just think - what - really that shouldn't make that sound so why do we say it that way?
One - for example. Trying to distinguish one and on from the get go is not easy.
I WANT WANT WANT them to have James Roday guest host - or double guest host with Dule Hill! Wouldn't that be AWESOME!
Sorry you guys have been sick, and so glad you are treating with excellent medicine ...
I saw that on Saturday and had a good laugh too. Hope you guys have a speedy recovery. It's no fun being sick. We've been on the illness merry-go-round since school started, and it's no fun. Feel better!
I think my favorite line was "I grew up on the streets of Times Square, man." Truly hilarious. I was GUFFAWing.
I'm sorry you're sick. Brig and Mollie are also doing poorly. Go away, H1N1.
For my own purposes, I'm keeping track of some of the lines. This skit really cracks me up!
"I have not made any wrongdoings."
"I am starting to become very cross with you."
Sigh! Do you have subs for your classes?
C- for what it's worth phonics is the WAY TO GO! I'm doing some of that with Ellie too and all research shows it's the best way. Texas doesn't teach this way, however, but we shall not discuss that here.
Post a Comment