Oct 11, 2009

I love Modern Love

One of the joys of my life is the New York Times online. It's free, it's everywhere, it's ever-changing. I read parts of it every day, and every day brings a weekly column or feature that I look forward to in addition to the daily story fare. Sunday usually means The Ethicist, Weddings & Vows, the Deborah Soloman interview and occasionally, when it runs, the Lisa Sanders medical diagnosis column.

Modern Love is another recurring column, also found in the Sunday Styles section. Many of the Modern Love columns are about romantic love in all its varieties and forms, but not always.

Today's Modern Love column shares the love of a father for his special-needs son. It is so honest that I started to cry. And then I thought I'd share it here.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I thought about the column last night as I was whispering to Oliver how proud I was of him ... I do love the Modern Love column --- I think we read the exact same sections in the Times.

Fred said...

Such sadness, yet honesty, in the father's remarks. Thanks, Erin, for sharing.

Dad

Susan said...

You truly have an amazing 25 circuit mind. Thanks for sharing. I love the pix of you and kidlets.

Becca said...

I'm sorry that I'm not going to read that article this week. Maybe next week, though. But I love the picture of the three of you, and agree about the 25-circuit mind.