It finally arrived ... November 27th, the day of the Ronald McDonald house party in Temple, Texas. Graham, Annie & I left town with blankets, pillows, warm clothing, chocolate milk and Ramona Quimby books on CD.
The party was terrific and the kids, especially Graham, were thrilled to meet the "real" Ronald. Santa Claus was there, passing out little Ronald McDonald teddy bears for the kids. Ronald gave out autographed figurines of himself, and the cookies were plentiful. Graham was happy to be able to hear "Carol of the Bells" (his favorite carol) performed by a local choir. Annie was happy to watch an automated Santa spin around and around on a wooden platform.
The party really kicked off the Christmas season for me. It doesn't hurt that we've had a chill in the air. It's hard for me to start celebrating when it's 70 degrees. Today was actually pretty humid and I have a feeling that those 70 degree days are back in the forecast. Oh well, we already have our tree up and our coats out, ready for the next dip in temperature.
1 comment:
Ugh . . . I do not miss Texas in December. Your kids are so cute . . . I love hearing the funny stories--it looks like they had a lot of fun.
Post a Comment