Jun 3, 2008

Service auction

Relief, relief! Our YW Service Auction is over ... and it was a success!



This past semester has been a busy one, and I was looking forward to May as a *relaxing* month. That never really happened, for a variety of reasons: home, family, swimming lessons, life, yard, Blinn, church, etc. What spare time I might have had at the end of the month was eaten by our service auction fundraiser. But we were enormously blessed. The YW in our ward worked hard and worked creatively.

On a personal note, I was thrilled to win the bid for 2 hours of having my clothes ironed (this will be fun!) and an inside-n-out car cleaning. In fact, I've been letting the van crumbs pile up, knowing that I would bid on someone cleaning my van.

Of course, now that the service auction is over, summer school begins.

My pursuit of caught-up-ed-ness continues!

8 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

Hey you had the inside scoop as to what was getting auctioned off. Unfortunately I just cleaned out my car last week before the auction. Erin, you are amazing and I love being your friend. Congratulations on such a successful auction.

J and M said...

I wonder if the quest for caught-up-ed-ness ever goes away. You have more on your plate than I do, so you deserve a van cleaning! crumbs away. m

Janine said...

You guys did such a great job on the auction! We all had a fun time being there (even Anabelle who for once wasn't scared of the nursery). I agree with Steph... you are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I don't know how you do it all and keep such a positive attitude. Thanks for all you do :)

Erin said...

You guys are so nice! I'm glad none of the people who find me annoying post on this blog. :)

J and M said...

Erin-I think you should blog about your summer trip itinerary to MN. It shows your great organizational skills (the reason the auction was a hit!).

Courtney said...

Wanna clean my car. Mom will often in exasperation pull out all the stuff and put it in a basket saying "My grand-daughter needs to live in a house of order."

Hahaha!

Becca said...

I love the word "caught-upedness" . . . I am totally going to quote you. BUt it's a bit like using the word "fantasy" isn't it?And "people who find you annoying"? Also a mythical species.

robyncreates said...

Glad it was a success-I'm sad we didn't make it there that night...kitchen, kitchen, kitchen lately for us...someday we will also be caught up-then again, maybe we never will-would that be so bad actually? Thanks for making me smile!!!