Sep 30, 2008

Worried

We have not seen our darling kitty Harper Princess Rose Littlefield since Saturday night.

I wasn't worried until yesterday, but she has not been seen for days. We've walked our block, driven by our old house, searched the yard & even peeked under the house. No sign of her.

Now when we drive into the driveway, the three of us are watching for Harper. She isn't on the roof like she usually is, waiting for us. She isn't curled up on the front porch, smiling as we approach. She isn't snuggling in for the night, as she loves to do, nor is she purring furiously in our laps.

When we moved here, Harper just settled right in, making friends with two black cats and a white/red cat who live nearby. Those cats come over to visit her, and I've seen her sitting with them in the shade of a backyard tree.

This afternoon, both of the black cats and the white/red cat walked through our yard, as though they too are wondering where Harper is. It made me cry.

8 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh, no! That's terrible! I'm crying for you :(

Courtney said...

Would she have ventured back to your old house (esp. being so close)?

Sending prayers to you and Harper to find each other.

Steph Thomas said...

That is really sad:( We had a dog that I grew up with and after many years, for some reason he started wondering off to the neighbors house and when you live out in podunk, Huntley, MT your neighbor is .5 miles away. My brother would play his trumpet on the front porch and after awhile you would see him running back. However, one time even the trumpet couldn't bring him back and we never saw him again. Very sad, your pets become a part of your family. I am so sorry Erin:(

Adriane said...

Erin!
Thanks for commenting on our blog! So fun to see your blog. We miss Becca and Allen so much. It is so very sad. Oh well. Hope you're doing well. You can still come visit anytime an come stay with us! Tom and I loved visiting with you that day. Take care and I have your blog address now, I'll have to check!-Adriane

Adriane said...

Oh, so sorry about your cats. I hope that you find them soon. I'll pray for your kitty cat angels to help bring them home!

Elizabeth Kiker said...

Oh Erin. I'm so sorry --- I know she'll come back soon (off on an adventure!) but the worry while you wait is huge, isn't it? I'll be thinking of you and your family.

J and M said...

We will pray for harper. I like C's idea.....maybe she wandered back to the old house. Can you put up signs?????

robyncreates said...

No sign of her still? Thinking of you guys...we've had this happen to us too and the not-knowing is so hard-esp for the kids-they continually ask about them. SO sorry.