May 2, 2009

A compliment



Graham is an affectionate sweetheart, as is Annie. Just now, he kissed my shoulder, and said, "Mom, you're the best mom," while giving me a hug. Then he added, "You're a mother that only I could love and only Annie could love."
Thanks.

I think he meant that they love me lots, but that's not quite how it came out. :)

9 comments:

J and M said...

Ooops to Mister G. At least they didn't say (what Mary Layne said about Ben while he was going for a job interview).

"Doesn't daddy look nice, Mary"
"He looks great except for one thing."
"What's that?"
"His head. I don't like his head"

(I hope I quoted it correctly). At least your head is glamourous if you are loved by just two............?

Carl said...

I infer the following precisification: "Only Annie and I know exactly how good a mom you are, and love you accordingly."

Allison said...

What funny little kiddos! I love your posts of the funny things they say! Happy Mother's Day this week! :)

Sara said...

That is SO hilarious, and so sweet.

Becca said...

Oh, I love both of these pictures. The one of Annie is especially endearing/disturbing/a great one to save for blackmail when she is a teen.

*sigh* what sweethearts. Why do they have to get older, again?

Susan said...

Graham always has the most pithy if unwitting statements.

Janine said...

Oh, Erin... how I've missed reading your posts. They always make me smile :)

Elizabeth said...

He clearly meant you were the best ever and they are SO lucky to have you (and you them). It was GREAT to see you again!

Anna M said...

I love the funny faces and funny responses.