Rather than me just quoting every single one of them, I want to know which demotivator is YOUR favorite. By the time I got to the bottom of the page, I felt strangely happy.
Hard to choose just one as a favorite, however. Here's a place to start. It reads, "Dysfunction: The only consistent feature in all of your dissatisfying relationships is you." Just the kind of pick-me-up my office - and life - needs!
5 comments:
I love these articles. Was the New Yorker cartoon "How about never? Is never good for you?" I like that one -- although my all time favorite (because it spoofs my love of free range chicken, pork, etc) is the chickens on the free range farm saying "I'm going to see the world! Nothing's going to stop me now!" Painful and funny ...
I have loved these for a long time! At one time, in graduate school, I had some printed/laminated copies of a few. I can't recall them all, but one was about motivation. It had gorgeous grass growing and it said something like, "remember the tallest blade of grass is the first to get cut" (: I also recall a sinking ship, and one about being a loser (it was runners and it said, some people are just not born with greatness or something). Loved it!
I got Allen the poster that says: "Just because your necessary doesn't mean you're important." But he told me that when he worked at EI, he wanted the one that says "Meetings: None of us is as dumb as all of us."
My favorites are on my blog's "funny fix" section (imagine the buffing of nails casually on my shirtfront as I say this). The most favorite being "Customer Service: Because we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied."
Chris and I and his brothers LOVE demotivators. One of us usually gives another a demotivator calendar at Christmas. They bring such a laugh. One of the ones that I like is a picture of the french fries and it says "Potential: because we can all be astronauts."
I found that website a couple years ago and I love it. It makes me belly laugh out loud every time. I'm sure there are many people on the other end of my customer service call who have the "Apathy" poster: If we don't take care of the customer, maybe they'll stop bugging us.
Post a Comment