May 19, 2009

File under "Give me a break!"

The actress Jessica Biel says her good looks prevent her from getting the kinds of acting roles that go to Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson.

Um, Jessica, those two are gorgeous too. This is what we call a logical fallacy.

(I'm just trying to branch out and post links to periodicals other than the New York Times.)

(I've *fixed* the link, I hope.)

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I had to click away from People's Web site to read your latest update ... :) It's fun to read gossip as WELL as the NY Times.

Courtney said...

Um perhaps she doesn't get the roles because she's NOT a good actress, I mean I saw that airplane movie with Jamie Fox - TERRIBLE (must be said with a French accent.) She CANNOT act. That's like Scarlett Johansson saying she doesn't get roles because she's too curvy - and yet she does.

EXCUSES. Maybe people don't take her seriously because she's with Justin Timberlake (though I must admit I watched a few clips online from when he hosted SNL and he was very funny - the Target segment, hilarious!)

Carl said...

That article doesn't really say what you say it says.

Becca said...

The "actress" Jessica Biel has joined the ranks of the "singer" Jessica Simpson with this horrible quote.

"Is this chicken what I have or is this fish?"

"Is this acting what I'm doing or is this me?"

J and M said...

Whoa. The unfortunate thing is that by saying this, she further demotes her own intellectual standing.

Jennifer said...

You know, that's exactly why I studied Dramaturgy instead of Acting -- I knew I was just too damn good looking to get the really good roles.

Tracy Loewer said...

My kids don't take me seriously most of the time. Now I know it's because I'm ridiculously good-looking. It's a curse, really.