May 2, 2009

Yo Gabba Gabba


We love Yo Gabba Gabba, a kid's television show/cultural phenomenom for the under 4 set. It's been one of Graham's intense interests this spring. Trust me, we love the music and dance to it all the time.

When I asked him what he likes about Yo Gabba Gabba, Graham replied, "It's dance music but don't tell my friends. That hurts my feelings. They don't care. They think it's baby show. But I like it. My favorite song is "Party in My Tummy" because it's about the tummy and the food and I like the music. It makes me feel like rockin' out." (He then breaks out some beat boxin' rhythms!)

Cool fact, courtesy of Jonathan? The creators of Yo Gabba Gabba are two Mormon dads, one of whom practiced his ideas about reaching kids through music while serving in Primary. Here's an article.
To check out some of these rockin' tunes for yourself, go to nickjr.com - you can access streaming video and listen to song clips!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

I wonder if the Party in My Tummy song includes my amazing song I made up for Graham to explain part of digestion and elimination of the human body (complete with hand "choregraphy") and Erin you know what I'm talking about here:

Ascending, transverse, descending colon.
Ascending, transverse, descending colon.
Ascending, transverse, descending colon to the rectum.

J and M said...

Courtney's song, I recall it well. Please do the dance again! I wonder if I can use these in sunbeams (:

We are GLAD Graham likes them, and will tell NO Friends.

Jennifer said...

Linus is *loving* the "party in my tummy" book he got for his birthday from Graham. Our nephew is here and has been showing off his YGG dance moves (peanut butter squish?).

Todd was talking to me about YGG last night in fact because he knows one of the sound editors (Ben Schultz, who happens to be the younger brother of Scott Schultz). I had no idea about the LDS connection until last night.

Becca said...

I have not even heard of this show, but now I am intrigued.

Elizabeth said...

I wish we had seen Graham dancing ...