
We all do! She's an amazing author/illustrator. Imagine my joy last week in finding Jan Brett's weekend home featured in Great Homes & Destinations, a weekly Real Estate subsection. (Each week I read The Hunt, about new apartment seekers, Habitats, a profile of someone's interesting abode, and Great Homes & Destinations, sort of its own section about a fancy place in some exotic locale.)
The article - "Where the Chickens Vacation" - is fun, but the accompanying slideshow is equally fun. The chicken houses are splendid. They would make nice playhouses. I liked seeing Jan Brett at her table, paint supplies at the ready.
When I went to Jan Brett's site, I was pleased to see all kinds of kid-friendly stuff - coloring pages, games, videos, the works. All of a sudden, I feel like going to the library and checking out a stack of Jan Brett books.
6 comments:
I love all things Jan Brett, and feel a kindred bond knowing she has chickens. Imagine my delight when I found a copy of HER illustrated version of The Night Before Christmas only two weeks ago at the DI. I'm jealous of myself.
PS- sorry I deleted that comment, I was signed in as Elder Coon.
Thanks for this fun post.
I spent quite a bit of time wandering through Jan Brett's site.
I probably will again.
I really like the details in her books - makes me want to decorate my house in ALL things Scandinavian.
Hello Swedish-American Museum in Minneapolis Gift Shop ... here I come!
Sad confession: I read the article (and loved the house) but was not familiar with her work --- sounds like we need to get to a library IMMEDIATELY!
We love Jan Brett!! Right now we even have The Hat checked out from the library. The kids always get a kick out of the illustrations and the cleverness of what's coming next. Her website is so much fun, too! I'm going to go check out her house now....
Post a Comment