I find this guy's blog pretty amusing, and no, not just because we have the same blog-paper. He's an LDS theater prof in Provo, and he also happens to be the brother of NieNie, which is how I stumbled onto his blog in the first place.
His entry on student favorites really made me chuckle. I have favorites too, and for many of the same reasons.
How to be one of my favorite students? Say things like -
1. I really like literature
2. I never liked literature before but now I do
or even 3. I used to think I hated literature but now I realize there's something to like
OR
1. I was reading the assignment calendar, and ... (nothing else needed - just knowing a student is reading the calendar makes me feel glad)
2. I read the comments you wrote on my essay, and ... (thanks! that makes the hours worthwhile)
3. I'd like to be a better writer ...
I'll even smile if a student says
1. I brought my textbook
2. I'm going to miss class next week but wanted to let you know ahead of time
1 comment:
What if they just say you are their favorite teacher? Enough?
Post a Comment