Urban Dictionary /lowdown/ 1. getting the skinny or full disclosure of the situation
May 20, 2009
Sadness
The book club I belong to read Angela's Ashes for our May meeting, and Frank McCourt's bleak Irish childhood has been very much on my mind. In that frame of mind, this story feels especially heartbreaking.
It makes you triple pause to actually be a mother, too, and imagine the pain your own children would feel, and extrapolate that to 35,000 children. Unimaginable horror.
Isn't that awful? It makes my heart ache. And to make matters worse there's the cyclical nature of abuse, and the generations that would be affected by those horrific actions. I just don't understand how that sort of thing could go unchecked. It's completely baffling.
3 comments:
It makes you triple pause to actually be a mother, too, and imagine the pain your own children would feel, and extrapolate that to 35,000 children. Unimaginable horror.
Isn't that awful? It makes my heart ache. And to make matters worse there's the cyclical nature of abuse, and the generations that would be affected by those horrific actions. I just don't understand how that sort of thing could go unchecked. It's completely baffling.
I couldn't finish it. That's where I work every day.
Post a Comment