I did it. I attended my first Adult Intermediate Hip Hop class tonight. Probably not a big deal for the other attendees, but I was deep down in the gut excited. This class means something to me. I guess it's indicative of how poorly I sometimes follow through on my plans that this accomplishment (wow - can't believe I'm even calling it that) -my thinking about it, finding a class, and signing up for the class - gives me a sense of follow-through pride. I guess I'm more of an idea person ... an idea person who wishes and hopes and dreams her way into a status quo life.
Following through on this flight of fancy makes me feel a smidge more confident that I might be able to 1) get my 2009 taxes filed successfully, 2) clean out my garage before summer hits, 3) organize my family photos (no, scrap that - the project is unmanageable, will be unshakeable albatross for the rest of my adult life), and 4) accomplish other sundry and assorted goals.
Check out Pop Rocks for the tunes we danced to. Here I am practicing the shoulder grab/release. Still trying to line up Adidas sponsorship for next week.

6 comments:
YEAH! Your taxes will be knocked out in no time (and my mom still has boxes and boxes of unsorted photos ... everyone's albatross, I think).
Photos are my albatross also. And I will gladly write a letter of recommendation for your sponsorship pursuit!
Shoulder grab/release! Keehee! I love it. When you come to Idaho and my sisters gather 'round, they will be wowed by your sweet hip-hop skills. And they can probably give us both some lessons, as well.
Good for you - you can show off your moves to us this summer and really can do All The Single Ladies, much to Marni's chagrin, I'm sure. Haha, can't wait to see us all flapping that much.
Erin, my love, I am super proud of you. You are saying yes to life! What a great example you are to me!
Much love.
Dad
Keep hopping those hips. We'll rock this summer.
Post a Comment